Thursday, April 6, 2017

I'm obsessed with houses . . .


Tiny, small, large
regardless of the size, I can't get enough.

This house measures 5" x 5" square.
Once I added the round *feet*
it was 7" from bottom of the feet to the top peek.
(Note: feet are not included in the kit.)

Gina designed this for me and I am in love with it!

It can hold greeting cards, trinkets,
artful things
or just about anything you can think of.

It's super easy to put together.

I tend to put my GSLCuts together first
and use Beacon Fabri-Tac
(yes, it's great on paper!)
Then I decorate.

For this project I used beautiful
Prima Marketing papers designed by Frank Garcia.

Then I started adding the embellishments.


This is ball fringe that was white.
I used Frank Garcia's new Artisan Powders.

I didn't want it stark white so I died the fringe.
It was really easy!

Add a little bit of
Antoinette Pink to water.
(Make up your own ratio here, depending on how dark you want the color.)

Add the ball fringe to the mixture.
Let set about 10 minutes.
Take it out and set on an old towel and let dry.
Done!

Add the fringe to the top of the box with
Frank Garcia's Artisan Adhesive Tapes.


To finish off the decorating I used

 
I painted the sticks with Prima's white gesso
and while wet, added some miscellaneous *sparkles* to the sticks.

The doors and windows come with the house box kit.
I painted them with Prima's white gesso.
Let dry then painted on top of the gesso with
Let dry.
And the last coat on top of the crackle was

Last, I added "diamonds" around the door
and added a door knob.

On the house platform I adhered miscellaneous grass
(probably from Michael's)
and some 

Thanks for visiting my little house.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Education Team
Prima Marketing Endorsed Educator

PS: I'll be teaching this one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment