Saturday, December 30, 2017

SNOW Banner

Here is a quick and easy wall piece that I will hang from December through February.  I love Winter pieces that don't have to come down just because the holidays are over.  This Snow Banner is perfect for a wall or over a doorway.
First I painted my letters and snowflakes with a silver acrylic paint pen. 
Next I covered them with Glamour Dust.  This paint is wonderful, lots of sparkle and it never flakes.
For the cuffs of my mittens I painted them white with an acrylic paint pen.
I then covered them in a coat of Snow-Tex to give a nice texture.
I traced my mittens onto patterned paper and cut them out.  I glued them to the chipboard using Scotch Quick Dry glue.
Using a snowflake edge punch I made a large rosette for each mitten.


I painted some small accent snowflakes in blue and added them to each mitten.
I layered the mittens with a cardstock doily, rosette and letter.  I threaded a ribbon through the holes in the mittens and alternated with a large snowflake.


GSL products used:
SNOW Mitten Banner

1 comment:

  1. So cute! It would be fun to have it up all the way through the winter. I love the different layers of it!

    ReplyDelete