Sunday, November 26, 2017

Home for the Holidays Hidden Drawer Book Box

  

Hi and welcome to my Sunday share on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cut blog today!!  I hope you had a really nice weekend because I have a really fun project to make up for the holidays you will love.

In the GSLC Chipboard shop we have this adorable Hidden Drawer Book box -large that I am going to have to say is one of my favorite projects I have done so far.  I made this book up with papers from the  Simple Stories "Very Merry Christmas collection" and I love how it came out.


Inside the book that you create and paint you have a hidden drawer that you can fill with life's little treasures from holidays and events or even make little mini books to fill with pictures and journaling to remember a very special Christmas like I did.  Above is how the drawer slides out.  How clever is that!


And you can dress it up with lots of little goodies from the store like this snowflake border from the Winter Shape set.  It has skads of amazing little chippies in the set that you can paint or emboss so that made it even more fun to use.


Here are a few of the mini books that I made for the inside of my drawer.  I made about 6 minis total and each of them is accordian style so I have lots of room for my favorite pictures.


And here is the second set of mini books.  You can even use the chipboard frames on the covers of the books to add a little bit of country charm to them.

Below is a quick little tutorial for you on how to put this cutie together so grab a cup of coffee and join me won't you :)


First take all the pieces out of the set and put a quick drying glue on all the corners and put them together as shown above.  You have one extra long flat piece and that is for the edge of the book but glue the other pieces first and let them dry good before you glue the end piece on.


Once the drawer and the book are dry you can set the book on it's side and glue on the drawer.  Be sure that you have it evenly spaced so that when it slides in it will have a seamless edge.


For my book I wanted to seal the chipboard so I used a gorgeous deep red acrylic paint from Americana that matched my papers and painted all the edges front and back, inside and out and let it all dry.


Then I measured the inside space of my drawer and created little fold out books that would tuck nicely inside of it.  I did them in kraft and ivory to go with the papers.

And then I just had fun and used all the cute stickers and cards in the set and decorated them like you see above.  It was really fun and I can see lots more in my future for maybe babies or other fun holidays or events that I need to store my special little photos and trinkets!


Thank you so much for stopping over today!!  Be sure and check back for lots of holiday ideas from the rest of our amazing team in the days to come!!

Lots of Holiday Hugs .... Teresa

Supply List


Simple Stories Very Merry Christmas collection

Adhesive- Scotch Tacky glue
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L- tape runner, 3D Foam Squares and adhesive tape 1/4 inch

American Acrylic paint, paint brush or sponge brush


No comments:

Post a Comment