Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Fall Canvas by Sandy Trefger


Hi everyone, Sandy here with a Fall Canvas project that I created for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  I love how it turned out and have it displayed on my fireplace mantel in the living room.  

It's so easy to create a seasonal canvas.  I did this one in an afternoon and you can too!  Below are the supply list and steps:

Supply List:


Step 1:  Lay out your chipboard pieces that you wish to use on your canvas.  I placed mine on some paper towels for quicker clean up!


Step 2:  Apply Embossing Ink (I use a dabber) on your chipboard pieces.  Do one piece at a time and sprinkle each piece with different gold embossing powders.  I think I used 3 or 4 different ones.  Heat emboss to completely cover the chipboard pieces.
In the photo above of the acorns, you can see that I used two different golds with more texture to the gold on the top of the acorns.




Use different gold powders and some with texture like what I used on the pumpkins above.

For the crow, I used gold powder that had a bit of blue in it.


Step 3:  Ink the canvas with brown tone Distress Inks.  You can leave the center light or not inked as that will be covered up.


Step 4:  Cut and ravel a piece of canvas fabric and glue down onto the canvas.



Step 5:  Start layering and gluing down the chipboard pieces. (I used Beacon 3-in-1 glue)


Step 6:  Next, add ink to the fabric around the chipboard pieces.  Then, select various fall foliage, flowers and a bow  for your canvas piece.  Arrange and glue them to the canvas using hot glue.


Step 7:  Glue three of the chipboard acorns onto the flowers.

Step 9:  Keep adding ink to get the color you want for your fabric and add in bits of embossing ink & powder to get a spattered effect.
I added in some black Distress Ink and then brushed in some white Gesso.  Keep adding until the background is a color that you like.  I would have added in some orange or yellow but did not have those colors in ink nor paint.

Step 10:  Glue on some decorative metal pieces to the corners if desired. I used Glossy Accents to attach these pieces to my main canvas.  Then add splotches of gold embossing powder (added to the main canvas with Embossing Ink Dabber) and heat emboss.


Your Fall Canvas piece is finished and ready to be displayed.

Here's a closer look at it on my worktable...




And on display...

I hope I've inspired you again to order some of the wonderful Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard sets to create a lovely decor piece for your home.  I'll be back on December 6 with a Christmas project.

Happy Crafting!

~Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment