Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oh so simple Christmas card

Hello, Heather here today to bring you a Christmas card that is just so easy to make. I only do "easy"  so even a real beginner can do this card. Here it is finished then I will tell you how to make it.





First I decided what I was going  to use from my Gslcuts items of which there are hundreds, if not thousands.



 

 The picture of the frame and candles are already covered  in Gesso, but they arrive looking  the same as the corner picture, and although the candles come as candlesticks, I only wanted the candles for my card so cut them down. The corner  I left without Gesso because I wanted the end product to look darker.

The paper I used for the background is from an 8" x 8" paper pad of vintage backgrounds by Craftwork cards cut down to 7" x 5".

I began by  covering the frame with Gold treasure Gilding Polish by Creative Expressions.





then I covered the candles with  white distress ink and to make them look as though there was melting wax on them I used platinum pearl Liquid pearls then left those overnight to make sure they were dry.





I then stuck the candles to the bottom of the frame so that one was taller than the others, and cut off the excess bit of candle that showed below the frame. I used a holly and Christmas rose leaf die to cut out the leaves from dark green card and arranged these at the top and bottom of the frame. I added some red flat back pearls to look like berries on the leaves, then cut out one of the circles from the waste background paper, stamped the greeting on it and stuck it onto the middle of the bottom of the frame.


Next I stuck the whole middle section to the  background paper and then onto a card but I decided that it needed something in the corners so instead of just putting a few pearls there I thought that some Gslcuts corners would look good.





I covered these in gathered twigs distress ink , then I covered them with the gold treasure Gilding Polish. By putting the brown distress ink on first it made the Gilding Polish slightly darker than the colour on the frame, which I thought would look better in the corners, but it is your choice really, they can be any colour. Obviously I stuck these to each corner of the card.




And here is the finished product once again. It looks far more complicated than it really is so I hope someone will have a go at making one for, maybe, a special someone.






Gslcuts items used:


Flourished frame Marie

Candles
Victorian corners 1

No comments:

Post a Comment