Hi and welcome to the blog today. It's Teresa here and I am sharing a gorgeous wintery shadowbox frame that I did for my daughter and her new husband. He actually proposed to her high up on a snowy mountain last year so I thought this would be a nice gift to give them for their anniversary this year and to remind them of that very special day that started it all for them.
2. Glue the sides to the base first and then let it dry.
3. Then glue on the top frame and let it dry too.
4. Then I painted the box inside with silver paint inside and on the back. For the top of the frame I used a blue ink that matched my papers and let it dry. ( Using inks to stain the pieces keeps the edges cleaner and then you don't have any drips.) Then I used a little chalk ink and just barely touched around the edges to first darken it and then add white to make it look like snow. ( See below)
5. Then I added papers from the Kaisercraft Frosted collection to create a base for my picture inside the shawdowbox. The 6x6 paper pad comes with borders and stickers so it was easy to create a simple design for the inside bottom of the frame.
6. The snowflakes are from the Snowflake Shape Set and these I kept in the brown color to make it a little more rugged looking and not so girly. The snowflakes in the set are beautiful and you can add little rhinestones like I did to make them pop more.
7. And to finish it I added some adhesive letters from Ruby Rock-it and a few little word tags to add a little more wow to it. Oh and the arrow is also from GSLC and there is a whole bunch of them in that set too so it's perfect to add to all of your other projects.
This was such a fun and easy project to make and these are great boxes to make up for gifts for the holidays too. Imagine how fun for a wedding, a new baby or even for those special christmas memories you want to save.
Here is a supply list for you just in case ....
Kaisercraft Frosted Collection 6x6 paper pad
Ruby Rock-it adhesive alphabet letters
Gloss enamels shimmering silver
Folk art white chalk paint
Versamagic Aegean Blue and Ocean Depth
Prima chalk in white
scissors, paper trimmer and rhinestones
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!