Friday, September 1, 2017

It's a Good Day to Craft

Hi!! Jennalee here today with a fun mash-up from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and 7Gypsies. Our theme was "Small World". I was digging thru my stash of awesome Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and ran across the Mini House Shadow Box #1 and from there my idea took shape when I started looking thru the awesome 7Gypsies pieces we were sent. 


I started by painting all the pieces of the Mini House Shadow Box a mint green.


I then added 7Gypsies Architextures Junque Pack - Attic. I added a touch of Ivory acrylic paint to the raised parts of the Architextures sticker. 
Picture courtesy of 7Gypsies website 


One of my favorite parts of the 7Gypsies line is their packaging. It can easily be incorporated into your project. I used the packaging from the Architexture stickers to line the floor of the Mini House Shadow Box and the outside walls. I cut to size and applied using Distress Collage Medium. Added a coat of Distress Collage Crazing Medium. Once the Crazing Medium dries enhance crazing with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.





The idea for a sewing themed Shadow Box came from one of the tiny clippings off this charming scrapbook paper Go & Be. 

Picture courtesy of 7Gypsies website 


The "A Good Day to Craft" clipping made me think of spending a day in my studio surrounded by my favorite supplies. I cut the "good day" clipping and added a bit of Burnt Copper Leaves around the edges to make a frame. 




To complete the roof I added strips cut from the To & Due paper. 

Picture courtesy of 7Gypsies website


Then it was time to decorate my little studio shadow box. I used charms I found in the jewelry section at Michael's. I got a little too excited and forgot to take pictures before throwing out the packaging. Oops!! I added a couple vintage buttons from my stash to complete the piece. 




I love the shadow boxes from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!! This was my first time working with products from 7Gypsies and I think it's safe to say it won't be my last. 

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me today. And remember it's always "A Good Day to Craft". 
~Happy Creating Friends~ Jennalee 

Items used:

Gypsy soul laser cuts:


7 Gypsies:

buttons
distress crazing medium  
dress form 
Good day to craft






3 comments:

  1. Love the little shadow box.
    Looks like it went together easy
    and it is darling. I used to
    sew a lot and have some antique
    pieces that would look good in
    the box. Good way to show
    them off and preserve them.
    thanks for sharing.
    #GSLCCCBmatchup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennalee, just LOVE your shadow house! Thank you for sharing how you put it together!!!

    ReplyDelete