Sunday, July 23, 2017

Summer Journals

Summer is my favorite time of year so I thought Ii would make up a quick journal with a composition book that I  got on sale and have some fun.  My favorite animal in the Long Beach Aquarium where I live is the Sea Horses so  I used that for my inspiration today.

For my project today I used the "Steampunk Seahorse", the "Beach shape set" and "Chevron words travel" small to add dimension to the Me and My Big Ideas beach paper pack that i got at Hobby Lobby.  There was lots of fun things in the pack so it was fun to make and would be great for a summer project for your kids to do.  Then they can write in their journals each night for all the fun things that they did.

The beach pieces were my favorite and there are lots more in the set to use for other fun things.

Below is a quick tutorial on how i did my project... won't you join me?

First thing to do is cover the journal inside and out with your decorative papers.  Sand the edges to make them clean and finished and then chalk with colored inks.

Next.... take your Journey chipboard word and chalk with white chalk ink and let it dry.

Chalk the seahorse with different colors to make it look like a water color and also the shells.  I put clear embossing powder on my seahorse and heat embossed it so that the colors would pop.  The shells in inked again with brown to shade them.

Add stickers and words on the front of the journal to finish the book.

Here is a closeup of the top journaling and the journey chipboard.  I added brown ink on top to antique it just a little and not make it so stark white.....


And to finish it i added lots of fibers and twine that i had in my stash on the side.  And now it's time to get caught up with all the things i have done so far.....  I hope you have fun creating one too.

Supply List:


Me & My Big Ideas Ocean Collection
Adhesives
Paper trimmer and scissors
chalk inks and stickles
fibers and twine to tie on the book

No comments:

Post a Comment