Monday, May 1, 2017

Spring Flower Fairy Shrine

Hi Everyone,
Jess here with a really simple make. 
Spring is here and the flower fairies have been busy.  Here is one hard at work placing flowers. 
I started with my ATC shrine covering it with a mixed media canvas paper on the outside.  The canvas paper is awesome because you can really abuse it with a lot of media.  
 The inside is covered with regular scrapbook paper.  The inside and the outside were both inked the same way.  I was able to add more ink and water to the canvas paper without it warping in any way. I didn't cover the bottom since I will be gluing moss in there.
The front edges were hit with a tiny bit of green paint. I added a thin layer of gold paint to the entire shrine.When the paint was dry I hot glued a chunk of moss to the bottom.  

I have a thing for tiny ballerina cake toppers.  I buy them whenever I can find them.  

 I painted the candle holder part green and added a tiny paper flower.
I glued the ballerina in the box and then added flowers all over.  My trusty glue gun held them on nicely.  




I love that you can take one simple piece from Gypsy Soul and make it into something lovely.  You don't need a million pieces to pull it all together.  You could easily adapt this box and make one for each season.  
Happy Crafting! 


GSLCuts item used:





No comments:

Post a Comment