You probably know I'm a paper hoarder. We all have that in us! Years ago Prima came out with a line called "Fairy Flora". I wish I'd purchased more than one 6" x 6" pad because it is in my Top 5 Favorites Of All Time. (Ok, I don't actually have a written list of favorites. Really, I don't. *ahem*) I was able to complete this project using mostly just saved scraps from projects past.
The business card holder comes with 5 pieces and is super simple to assemble. The side and bottom panel are 3 different sizes. Obviously the short goes in front, but the other two are interchangeable. I chose to use the tallest one for the base to allow for the most amount of cards on my show table.
I used one full sheet to mark the side pieces. It's that gorgeous paper on the left... now I only have one full sheet of it and I'm going to hoard it!
Next I cut out the rest of the inside and outside pieces. Notice I didn't cut an inside piece for the small front panel. I used an X-acto type straight blade to cut the inside notches. Get as close to actual hole size as possible so you don't have assembly problems later. Everything else was cut by hand (instead of the paper trimmer) since I knew I'd be sanding edges later.
A matte medium glued the paper to base pieces. You can use any glue for this step. It's a good idea to glue the interior side pieces on first so you can clean up the holes if necessary. That fit is important later. After it dried for a bit I sanded the outer edges so they didn't hang over the base pieces. The black super-fine sandpaper finished the surface nicely.
Next I used brown ink to "age" those edges and pulled out the white glue to assemble.
The side and bottom pieces fit into the walls relatively easily. This is where the excess paper could have been an issue. It was a little fiddly to get the second side wall on without smearing the glue, but that's to be expected. Once in place make sure all your joints are close and tight.
For a little embellishment in front, I used a piece of the Leafy Swirl. I painted it green and layered Peeled Paint glitter and Glossy Accents. I think those three steps took longer than the business card itself! :)
Here are the inside and back views. That back view is my favorite and the one I'll see the most. I'm crafty like that. *wink*
Thanks for visiting today! ~Susan
GSL Cuts in this project:
Business Card Holder #BD6A
Leafy Swirl #C7G
Other Supplies used:
Ranger Glue & Seal
Distress Ink in Gathered Twig
Lumiere Pearl Emerald Green paint
Distress Stickles in Peeled Paint
Ranger Glossy Accents