Thursday, April 20, 2017

Mini-Book with a 3D Garden Bench . . .

My mini-book addiction is still in high gear.  I began with a Frank Garcia chipboard album that is 7.5" wide x 6" tall. This time I wanted to create a dimensional front to this book.


The above photo is the 3D Garden Bench (RB72A) after I put it together. This is when I decided to put it on a book front. The garden bench is 5.5" wide and 3.75" tall.


First it was base coated with white gesso. Once dry, I used two colors of acrylic paint: one pure white and then dry brushed with off-white.


The fun part was decorating! I added a few Prima flowers, a bitty mini-book tucked under the flowers and a tiny bunny pillow that I stitched. The butterfly is the last little bit added.

And now I think I'm not only addicted to mini-books but to dimensional fronts as well.

Thanks for joining me today. Let me know if you like the idea of dimensional fronts on mini-books.
I just may create more! Nancy Wethington

Gypsy Soul Laser cuts used:
3D Garden bench

No comments:

Post a Comment