Since Easter is right around the corner I decided to make a trio of cards with bunnies and chicks.
As you can see, I've used stunning GSL Cuts frames and a flourish to give the cards wonderful depth and detail. Let's take a look at each one!
On the Bella base layer I scribbled the edge with a TH Distress Crayon and used a little water and my finger to smooth it out. It's the first crayon experiment for me, and I think it turned out well!
I inked the top layer of the Bella Oval with TH Ground Espresso and a sponge and glued the bunny to it. It looked nice lying on top of the Bella base, but it needed a little more oomph. In full experimental mode --and with fingers crossed-- I covered the base edges with Ranger Glossy Accents and very carefully placed the inked bunny layer on top. I had to walk away and hope for the best.
Ta da! It worked! The Glossy Accents glued the layers together *and* gave the beautiful vintage bunny a worthy frame.
Next up is a peachy-keen card. I used the GSL Cuts "Flourish Frame Marie" to highlight lovely tulips on the retired Pion Designs paper.
I painted the frame with the closest thing to peach in the paint drawer. Once that dried I whitewashed it for a little more interest. I dabbed around the frame with watery white paint and let it set for a wee bit to dry. Then I used the dryer because I really wanted to get to the next, even messier step!
I inked the frame edges with brown since I can't make a project without inked edges. To give the frame more pop I stuck my finger in a tiny tub of Distress Stickles and patted it all around. This will work with clear glue and glitter or whatever you have on hand.
Once dried, it gives a cool, sort of random texture to the frame. This could work with crackle paint also. Next time!
Lastly, here is my favorite card of the trio, because of the DUCKIES! This one uses the GSL Cuts "Damask Singles". This chipboard is delicate and bee-you-ti-ful! I hated covering up any of it, but a card maker's gotta do what a card maker has got to do.
First I dabbed the damask cut with a couple layers of TH Picket Fence Distress Stain. Once the card started coming together, I realized the white was too plain.
It got a blue wash much like the white wash on my second card above. Once dry I considered a bunch of sticky pearls along the flourishes but opted for the much-easier Viva Pearl Pen in Ice White. I dabbed it all over and left to dry overnight. I randomly inked with a brown color and it was done!
To attach to the card, I dotted the Zig 2-way glue all over the back and held in place for a short bit.
Thanks for visiting our blog today! I'll be here the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. There's a new Education Team inspiration post every day and we hope to see you often.
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: