Sunday, January 22, 2017

Remembering my mom....

Hello, it's Teresa here today to share a project I did with some fun Butterfly and flower laser cuts from my GSLC stash.  I wanted to create a pretty box to keep some of the special things I got from my mom this past year and I really had a lot of fun with the pieces this time trying something new.


So to begin making this project I started with papers from Graphic 45 and covered the chipboard box really simply with layers of the papers like you see above.  I used a double sided tape for mine but a good glue stick will work well too.  I love Pioneer personally, it doesn't leave any bubbles and i love that.


Then I used clear light green ink and inked 1/2 of all of the flowers I picked out from the "Flower Stackers" set.  I used a fun metal melt embossing powder over it and they came out really pretty and textured.


I also did the same with the "Scribble frame butterfly".  I used a lighter shade for the wreath and then a deeper and richer version of the same for the other butterfly to make it stand out.  You can see it really good on the photo below.  Be sure if you do these and use a heat tool, it's best to hold it with tweezers while you heat it so that it doesn't burn your fingers.  


Some of the flowers I just chalk inked in white and then added a bit of the clear embossing enamel to it.  And after I put everything on the frame the way I wanted it and glued it I finished the flowers with tiny pearls that I had in my stash.  (The paper flowers are fussy cut from the G45 set)


I didn't put a title on the middle yet but I think "Memories of my Mom" will be what I end up doing.  These are her favorite colors and that is part of the joy to make special things because you can customize them so that it really brings back amazing memories for you.  

Need a supply list?

Flower Stackers
Scribble Frame Butterfly

Graphic 45 papers
Adhesive, paper trimmer, chipboard box, 3D Foam squares
Metallic Melts from Tinby

Thanks so much for stopping by and have fun creating with these amazing laser cuts from
the Gypsy store... your going to love them!!

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Your beautiful box for you mom's things is fabulous! I so love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete