Monday, December 19, 2016

Woodland Themed Merry Little Christmas Card

Hello, Friends!  It's Kathy here with a quick and easy Woodland Themed Merry Little Christmas Card to share with you today.

Although this card is very simple to make, the chipboard accents really make it shine.  I've used the Medium Honeycomb and Bees chip along with my favorite Bird Scribble Frame.  These two elements add so much texture and visual interest to my 5" x 7" card.


The process here is soooooo easy.  I simply painted both chippies with an ivory chalkboard paint.  While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled them liberally with Stampendous Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder and then set with my heat gun.  It doesn't get much easier than that!  The rosette was created with my Tim Holtz die, topped with a red button and a sticker from MME Joyous collection.

The back panel is a 5x7 piece of glitter cardstock from the collection.  This was topped with a 3.75" x 5.75" panel of red damask paper.  I topped this with my honeycomb chip to add depth and also to break up the layers. Then I added another 3.75" x 5.75" panel of glitter text paper and offset it to the right hand side of the card.


This darling woodland tag from Polly's Paper Etsy Shop really pops off the page thanks to the Scribble Bird Frame.  It's hard to pick up in the photo, but there are tiny bits of glitter in the embossing powder that add a real festive feel to the card. I diluted the ivory chalkboard paint that was leftover on my craft sheet and spattered it randomly onto the card.  I think it looks like snow, and that is very fun, indeed.

I wanted this card to double as a gift, so I created a pocket on the inside.  The stamped sentiment panel on top is from Tim Holtz Doodle Christmas greetings.


The pocket is filled with a tiny wrapped chocolate and two more sweet bird tags that can hang on the tree.

I also wanted to let you know that this will be my last post as a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Educator.  I've started watching my granddaughters much more often now that we live so close by.  It's a wonderful addition to my life, however I find myself needing to "lighten the load" so that I'm not working 24/7.  I hope to be able to come back as a guest designer from time to time as I dearly love working with these fabulous chips.  So I  bid you all a  very fond adieu along with my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy NewYear!

Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment: