Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Mitten Ornament!



Hi folks...the count down continues to Christmas!!!  Today I am up at the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog again.  So excited to be joining in with GSLC girls!  Today I have an old fashion mitten ornament and super dimensional Holiday card to share.  First up my ornament using the Mitten Mini Album.
              
I started by tracing my mitten onto pattern paper.  I used some gorgeous plaid paper from Authentique.  I love the homespun quality...perfect for my mitten.
Than cutting it out and adhering it onto the chipboard mitten.  I sanded and distressed the edges a bit.
 

Gather up the GSLC goodies you want to use to add personality.  I decided to use a fun Victorian image to pair with the Windows 4 Panel set.   I also used the Snowflake Shape Set.  I inked my chipboard pieces with a bit of white ink and aged them lightly.  I wanted to keep the kraft color but add a bit of white for a Winter appearance. 
I made some handmade paper fringe using some vintage crepe paper.  I inked the edges for an aged look.  I wound some twine through the edge so the mitten can be hung or tied to a package this holiday. 
I started adding some goodies to the top of my  mitten...adding seam binding, pinecone, berries, and greenery.
  Next I layered my Victorian family onto my snowflakes.
Last but not least I added a sentiment using the Words & Phrases 1 set.  I added some faux snow and some rhinestones and was done!
 
 Here it is done!  All ready to hang on a tree or tie to a pretty package. 
 
 
If you didn't get a chance to check out Gloria's Christmas mittens from yesterday's post, please do so! They are gorgeous! Thanks for visiting me today!  hugs, Cherry

3 comments:

  1. This is over the top beautiful. I love the extra bits you added and that window...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you you lovely ladies!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! And I love the added window!!

    ReplyDelete