Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Christmas Shadow Box by Betsy



Happy Wednesday and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the U.S. You know what this week also means don't you? Yes indeed, it is time to break out the holiday decorations! I won't admit how much dismay this brings to my husband and kids because of the work involved. Yet last year when I was the one who insisted on scaling back, they were the first to revolt.

It has been such a delight to work with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. For my last project as Guest Designer, I thought I would share with you a mostly monochrome Christmas shadow box.

christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-131232
To make this project, first assemble and glue together the House Shadow Box, Use cream-colored spray paint to cover the entire box.

Cut scrapbook paper to fit the back of each of the individual boxes. As you can see from the picture, I actually cut the pictures before I spray painted the box. After ensuring the papers fit perfectly, adhere with glue.

christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-194932
Cut several narrow strips of scrapbook paper slightly wider than the width of the shadow box edges. Rough up the edges of these paper strips with a scissors, then add brown ink. Glue onto the shadow box edges.

Assemble, glue and paint the Round Table and Chairs set. Paint a Stars Corner with dark red acrylic and accent with a cream-colored acrylic.Cover a small round tart tin with brown acrylic paint. Once the tin is dry, insert some sheet music into the tin and add glitter. I apologize for the lack of "how-to" pictures here. The SD card on my camera went bad and I lost dozens of photos.

Now is time for the fun part of making little scenes within the shadow box. Gather lots of new and vintage doo-dads and play around with different designs until you find one that works well.

christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-222155
Once you get everything in place, go ahead and glue it down.

christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-130945
christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-131540
christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-131546
christmas-house-by-betsy-skagen-140123
Good Stuff

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest ever! Love all the miniatures! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love shadowbox and especially ones filled with mini loves! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete