Saturday, September 24, 2016

Rusty Barb Wire and Stars

Good morning too you all. Shanna here and I am beyond excited to share this project with you. 
I was playing around with some very special paints and a chemically active spray. I loved the look and threw together some tags. 


As I didn't get to take photos of my process, believe me I will have one coming up in the near future on how I got my barb wire to look so rusty and my stars to have this amazing patina look. 

Now both tags got the same background treatment of a stencil I used with heavy gesso and some spray. While that dried I painted the birdcages with some acrylic paint. 


Here you can see and up close look at the star and birdcage. 


Look at how rusty the barbed wire looks!!


The second tag I used a different bird cage but replicated the other tag. 



The birdcages also got tiny pieces of cardboard stuck underneath so they had dimension. Then I finished the tags off with some trim and a chit chat sticker.


Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to see what we have been up to creating. Remember to keep coming back for more. 

Products Used:
Heidi's Star Shape Set - Returning Soon



No comments:

Post a Comment