Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Gift Wallet with Guest Designer Kathy Clement

Hello, Friends! I'm having such a good time guest designing for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts this month! Today, I have a Steampunk Butterfly Gift Wallet tutorial to share with you.

I paired some fabulous GSL chippies up with Graphic 45 DIY papers and some elements from Botanicabella. Here's a supply list for your convenience.

Supply List for Steampunk Butterfly Gift Wallet Tutorial

  • GSL Butterfly of Gears
  • GSL Mixed Media Fragments 2
  • GSL Faux Metal Number Plates
  • Distress Paint: Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey
  • Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel
  • Bronze Mica Flakes
  • Metal Gear pieces
  • Graphic 45 DIY paper roll (Curiosity Collage and Butterflies)
  • Graphic 45 Botanicabella Deluxe Collector's Edition
  • Graphic 45 Washi tape
  • Prima Gold Crackle Texture Paste
  • Tall Coin Envelopes
  • Small magnets
  • Manila tag

Check out How to Steampunk Chipboard Butterfly Embellishment by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.

 I trimmed down the Mixed Media Fragment squares to fit the height of my envelope, then used it as a stencil for my embossing paste. I then heat embossed the chippie with Aged Black Embossing Enamel. Once the paste on the envelope had dried, I glued the chipboard fragment down with Glossy Accents. I had to use a few hinge clips to hold it in place until it had dried. I threaded buttons and hot glued them in place. The faux metal number plate was tapped with paint, then glued in place.
 The wallet has a side flap opening. Here it is all opened up and decorated with elements from Graphic 45 Botanicabella. I kept everything on the inside "flat" so that the wallet could close with ease. The left side is a sleeve with a magnetic opening. It contains a decorated manila tag.  I cut one of the envelope sides off to create a slash pocket, then filled it with pretty postcards. This is a great place to write a personal greeting, mount photos on the reverse side of the post cards or tuck in a gift card. It's a really pretty little ensemble.

Thanks so much for joining me today. Please stop by my personal blog for more instructions and pictures! I hope you enjoyed this Steampunk Butterfly Gift Wallet Tutorial.  Now go get your craft on!

Cheerio, kathy

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous steampunk style gift wallet!!! Love all the yummy texture and interest!!! Very inspring!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete