Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bee Amazing Greeting Card by Ginny

Hey there Peeps! Today I'm dropping in to share a card that I created that is really a walk on the wild side for me. I do typically choose shabby chic colors...but this card is black and white with gold accents. I'm really very pleased with how it turned out and maybe it's even a little sophisticated?

The inspiration for this card was the Honeycomb & Bee Medium chippie set. I wanted to try a little gold embossing on the background and one thing led to another.
To add a sentiment I inked the Chevron Words chippie then gave it a coat of clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Once I had it in place it looked a bit cluttered....so I added a small strip of crisp white cardstock to the back before adhering.
Distressing the edges of the paper adds a lot of texture and spacers between the layers creates depth.
The little bee chippies got a base coat of black paint then a layer of gold sparkle pen....now they look like bling!
I dressed up the flower arrangement with mica flakes and micro beads.  The ribbon is a classic black and white stripe....and an additional set of gold twine loopy bows to finish it off.

Okay that's all for me....wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment