Thursday, March 17, 2016

Take Life One Cup at a Time

Hey there Peeps!  It's Ginny here and I'm dropping in to share a very fun mixed media collage I created using the super cute coffee cup chippies from Gypsy Soul.  My day does not start without a good strong cup of french roast....okay maybe two lol.
 After prepping the chippies with Gesso I used a variety of inks and stamps to give each little cup a unique color scheme...then I used the chevron stamp on the front of each one to bring them together as a set.
These Cups have little separate pieces that makes them super easy to alter!!!  I layered these two on Mixed Media Fragments.
I separated this Mixed Media Fragment piece into smaller portions to create fun focal points around the edge of this collage.  Topped off with coordinating flowers.
Two more cups for this arrangement. I added some sparkly gems because  coffee with bling is even more better!!!
Adding shading around the chipboard elements helps to anchor them in the collage and gives and aged effect.
  
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
Go Cup Shape Set - coming soon
Mixed Media Fragments 1

~Additional supplies~
Distress Inks-Marmalde, Wild Honey, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs
StazOn- Cactus
Ranger-Archival Black
Color Box-Fireberry,  Decades-Bon Voyage Blue
Gelatos-Aqua Dolce, Snow Cone
Faber Castell-PITT Artist Pens, PITT Big Brush- Nougat


Okay that's all for me. Make sure you check out the post today from my good friend Barbara...it's gonna  knock your socks off!!! Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment