Monday, December 21, 2015

Simple Gift Idea by Barb


Practically nothing throws me into a panic during the holiday season like an informal, last minute invitation of, "Hey, come on over tonight!" Because what follows isn't "Oh dear, what shall I wear?!" It is, "Oh dear, what shall I bring?!" In my circles, I'm known for handmade, which is great. But when I have half an hour or so to whip up the magic? Yikes!

So, here's a bit of inspiration that came out of one such moment. I began with a wide-mouth, 8-oz mason jar. I always have those around because I also like to make jellies and jams.

I began by sponging StazOn Studio Glaze all over the jar. It dries fast, so by the time I picked out the doilies I wanted to use from the Cardstock Doily Set - Intricates, I was ready to continue. I cut the doilies so that the curves would come up over the top of the jar. Then I simply glued them in place. I glued smaller doilies on top of those to cover some of the bare spots.

I set it aside for a minute to let the glue dry while I searched for the ribbon I wanted to use. Then I tied the ribbon with a simple knot. But, I felt like it needed a little something more. A little festive holiday sparkle, perhaps? Yes. So, I dabbed all over it with my Goosebumps Dauber and then sprinkled on fine glitter. 

Done! I had a cute little project to bring my hostess that night. It should be noted that I included battery-operated tea lights so as not to have open flame near the paper doilies.

Supply List

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts

Other
StazOn Studio Glaze
Goosebumps Texture Dauber
Glitter
Ribbon
Mason jar
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment