Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tranquility with Guest Designer Jackie















Hello Everyone- Jackie here again, for another Wednesday guest designer appearance!Gina, thank you so much for inviting me!
I can't tell you just how much all of your wonderful comments and Facebook likes and Google+'s have meant with my last project for Gina's! Thank you,Thank you!!




"Tranquility"









When I saw the Bamboo Shape Set at Gina's, I ooohhed and

aaahhed and knew just what I was going to create. What I started with is a wood substrate (I think this was from a desk that held pens&pencils) that I gessoed and papered with vintage pages and scrapbook paper background. The reason for choosing this substrate was because I had layers in mind, and plus, I love to up-cycle!


  







After giving the bamboo pieces color,I began by layering with velum paper and then more bamboo. These pieces above were one piece that I snipped in two.


I hope you can see in the photos, the effect I was going for by gluing down some areas of the top bamboo against the background to give depth. 























For my title piece tranquility I used one of the Stackable Labels Shape Set.




This was attached by painting a wood stack and gluing it to the backside of the label.







 








 At some point, I decided I wasn't digging the vintage papers and covered them with scrapbook paper.










And for my final accents, I used a pair of corners from the Art Deco Corner Set which gave a nice finished and polished look. 

























 I  really am pleased with how this turned out. Again, let me say just how beautiful and detailed the cuts are from Gina's Designs pieces! By now, you can tell that I am a fan!!




Gina's Design's Products used:


Bamboo Shape Set


Stackable Labels Set


Art Deco Corner Set





Other Products used:


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics


Colour Arte Paints







Thanks so much for the visit-see you next week!   Jackie



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! That bamboo is stunning, and you've created such a wonderful setting for it, Jackie.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Alison! Your comments are always so wonderful as well as appreciated! xoxo

      Delete