Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Special Tribute by Guest Designer Jackie Neal



 Hello everyone,thanks for joining me again here at Gina's!


Today I would like to share something very special to me. September 19 was my Mom's birthday. She would have been 84. 


In honor of my Mom, I created this wall hanging using some of my favorite photos of her along with some of my favorite pieces from Gina's Designs.




 Read along as I share some photos and a few steps of my process.




This first photo is to show you a bit of how I work.


I had the general vision of what I wanted, but not sure of what elements I would use. The assorted Gina's pieces auditioned on and off and up and down, for about an hour before I finally (and I use that word lightly) decided!


For the base, I used covers from a book. They were gessoed, then painted, crackled and glued together.





 Next up painting the Flourished Frames Set-Evie (I used all three) and giving these a layer of crackle as well.








oops about the extra bits-darn macro shows everything!






Gina's Peacock Feathers Shape Set are absolutely gorgeous! These fit perfectly into Mom's piece as she had a beautiful evening dress that my Dad had brought her back from Japan. The dress, iridescent Damask Silk, had Peacock feathers all over and was one of the colors I used for this.






After the Peacock Feathers were painted and placed along with the other chipboard, I felt I needed just a bit more. I went through my Gina's stash and found the perfect chipboard pieces!


Again a bit of separation was done -


I told you Gina's chipboard was versatile!


 Here I used the Wrought Iron Set and separated a few of the swirly embellishments for my accent pieces for the center.












   I was painting the words "A Moment in Time", when I noticed there was Mom in beautiful cursive, so I cut it from the phrase and  adhered it to one of the pieces from the Stackable Labels Set.


 






I do hope you have been inspired to created something using Gina's beautiful chipboard Designs! 


  Jackie P Neal






 Gina's Products used:










Other Products used:


Silks Paints by ColoureArt~


Sea Spray, French Lilac, Chestnut Brown,


Teal Zircon,Wine&Roses, Stargazer, Key Lime


Gesso


Distress Crackle Paint-Clear Rock Candy


 E600 Glue







1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely, Jackie, and a wonderful tribute to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete