Monday, February 9, 2015

On the Beach with Toby

Greetings from snowy Ontario! Lynne here with a summery layout featuring my wonderful pug mix Toby at our local park last summer.

I painted the title piece and the border strip with black acrylic paint (love the look of the black on the wood-grain paper!), then I glued some real sand onto both pieces, then dabbed them with blue pearlized acrylic paint which perfectly matched the color of Toby's collar.
I had fun with the sand dollar and starfish pieces. I used white texture paste on the sand dollar to create a realistic look, and I used a mixture of acrylic paint , gesso and table salt to create the texture on the starfish.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have yourself a wonderfully creative week, and if you're in one of the snowy parts of the world, bundle up and stay warm and cozy!

Gina's Designs Products Used

No comments:

Post a Comment