Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Artist Trading Block in Turquoise and Black


Hi everyone! Melissa here with my take on our artist trading block.  

I painted my block with white gesso, then black acrylic, then a coat of glossy accents.

I felt that the chipboard and doilies I put on the block perfectly complemented the theme, and era of the images.


I painted all the chipboard with gesso, then turquoise Viva Color Precious Metal Effects. I didn't need gesso on the doilies,and I also painted them in turquoise. On some chipboard I added a little bronze paint,  stickles, green Lumieres, and/or diamond glaze coating.  I embellished my block with images, bling, metal, feathers, beads, moss, pearls, and lace. Thanks for looking!






Chipboard used:

Other products used:
Folk Art black acrylic paint
Viva Color Precious Metal Effect Paint in turquoise, and bronze
Jaquard Lumieres in green
black ink
Graphic 45 papers: Couture Collection and Botanical Tea Collection
Tim Holtz metal
Judy Kins Diamond Glaze
Glossy Accents
Jolee's Bling
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Jaquard Mica powder
Feathers, seed beads, bling , flower, and chain from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment